- December: Shaftesbury Christmas Lights and Fair
- January-March: Shaftesbury Snowdrop Season
- January-March: Go behind closed doors at Stourhead
- January: The 92nd anniversary of his death this month (and June 2020 marks the 180th anniversary of his birth)
- January: Celebrate cider with a wassail in January!
- February: Dark sky stargazing on Cranborne Chase
- Bonus event: Have Gold Hill to yourself!!
REASON NUMBER ONE
CHRISTMAS IS COMING!
(Parking will be free in Shaftesbury on all Saturdays during December).
Nov 23 – Dec 22: A handmade Christmas at Stourhead, 11am – 5.30pm.
The house is decorated with handcrafted flowers, lights and trees which continue across the property. You can also take a walk in the garden and spot the 12 days of Christmas handcrafted in wicker. Entrance free.
Dec 2: Christmas late night spectacular, Shaftesbury, 5pm-9pm.
The High Street is closed from 4pm, and at 6pm the Shaftesbury Town Silver Band begins to play. Shaftesbury choirs will sing carols and the Christmas lights go on at 6.30pm, with Santa taking up residence in his Town Hall grotto. The town’s many independent shops will be open late.